Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All Good Things...

2008 began as a year of "new beginnings" and it has certainly lived up to that prediction for me. We started this radio ministry on the first Saturday of this year and have had a wonderful time exploring the elephants in the auditorium with you. As the sun sets on 2008 and we begin a new year I am again looking at new beginnings starting with my position as pastor. After seven glorious years at my post in Pearland and over 20 years serving as a pastor in the Body of Christ a new season has dawned for me.

I am stepping down as pastor at the beginning of 2009. With this change in vocation comes the end of this radio program. Simply put the expense of airtime is greater than my personal means therefore it is with sadness that I announce the end of Churchquake in its current incarnation. Don't worry. If I know God, this won't be the last you hear from me. This website will be kept up and I'll still be blogging as long as the Lord allows me to. I'm also working on a couple of books and am seeking other avenues to serve God in.

I have had a wonderful time serving God in this radio ministry and I am more than thankful for every single person who has helped to keep this program on the air this year. A huge "thank you" goes to my "Pastor Posse"; Jim Surber, Sylvia Surber and Terrance James. Their contributions and expertise have been invaluable to me. Of course I want to thank all of you who have faithfully listened to the show and participated in the conversations whether you agreed with me or not. God bless every single one of you.

We'll finish off the month of December on KKHT with our final program airing on December 27th. It is a bittersweet time for me and my family as we end one season and begin a new one. I thank God for this awesome opportunity to share my passion for His church on the airwaves. It has been a tremendous honor and privilege to host this program. God only knows what is on the horizon for me but I don't doubt for one second that He is not finished with me. So stay tuned true believers. As with all things related to Christ and His church, the best is yet to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I said 7 years ago, I don't know what God has in store for you, I just know He isn't through with you yet.
I know you are going on to bigger and brighter things and I'm truly happy for you.
As the song goes---you've only just begun....